Started birth control before period. Getting continuous light periods. Taking tri cyclen lo. How long will bleeding last?

I started birth control the sunday before my period was suppose to come..a few days later it came..however it was very light and lasted 3 days (how they normally last). Two weeks later... during the last week of the pill before the placebo pills came...i started bleeding . It s been more then a week and I am continuosly moderately bleeding throughout the day...everyday...with cramps . It feels like a normal period, however, not my common period at all. My periods never last more then 3 days. I am confused why am I getting a second period? How long will this bleeding last? What should I do? I finished the I am on the 7 day placebo week. I am currently taking tricyclin lo..
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012