Stabbing pain in left ribs, shocks on lying down, rolling over. Due to shingles?

I have had recurring pain -shocks, stabbing pain, in my left ribs since 1999. It occurs every few years and starts out as just one tiny pinch, then it keeps escalating to where it will shock me so bad that sometimes it about knocks me off my feet , or causes my left arm to raise with the shocking, to where it s hard to get my arm to come down for a few seconds. Lying down and rolling over also causes many shocks, or I may not be doing anything and I will get shocked, or stabbed. I ve never had a rash , but I suspect this could be shingles . I ve seen several doctors and neurologists and have been on several different medicines, but they don t know what it is, and the medicines have not helped.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012