Squishy & bruised head after an injury, loss of appetite. Why it is squishy?

Hi my son is one and hit his head on the right side right above his ear and the ambulance came and checked him said it was an outward wound yesterday I felt his head and it is squishy and lightly bruised. He hasn t vomited or any fluid out of nose or ears. He plays eats but not as much as he usually would. When I lay him down to change his diaper he holds his head to the left also. Please give me some advise on why it is squishy? Thank you so much for your time.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012