Spotting and nausea after pap smear test. Pregnancy test negative. Reason?

Good afternoon - I am a 40y/o, healthy, non- smoking mom of a 13-yr old and had a pap smear Monday at 3:30pm (it is Friday). I understand the light spotting after a pap is normal; but is feeling nauseous? I feel as though I felt when I was pregnant; nauseous but not to the point of vomiting , on and off since my appt on Monday. I even took a pregnancy test (negative, which I knew because I just got my period)...any ideas? Thanks so much! My ob/gyn is closed for the the day...
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012