Does raw almonds cause vomiting and food poison?

I am in Bali on holiday and have been eating everything out of a packet to stay safe. In the last 24hrs while travelling around I ate 200gms of packaged almonds. Last night i was vomitting regularly and i feel like i have food poison. Apparently (I rang the store manager for the distributor) they are actually processed in Australia but the package says they Are raw almonds and I'm a bit worried. Google has be worried about cyanide. The local distributor here in Bali was American and said she didn't think they'd be bad coming from Australia. Have you seen a reaction like this to almonds before? I have no diarreha yet.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Allergy or food poison. wait for further symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have seen some people are allergic to almonds presenting with such symptoms. Additionally if you have any fever, breathlessness, itching or swelling in lips, it is due to allergy by almonds. You may also be vomiting due to indigestion / hyperacidity issues. I would use proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole or antacid syrup formula and wait for fresh symptoms. If you develop new symptoms such as abdominal pain and diarrhea or if you continue to vomit, I would suggest you to visit a doctor nearby for evaluation. It may or may not be due to food poison. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.