What are the findings from the semen analysis report and what is the treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Liquefaction Time: Prolonged. Motility: Progressive 20%, Non Progressive 40%, Non Motile 40%, Morphology: Normal 50%, Abnormal 50% Sperm Count: 85 mil/cc Please advice what I shall do further. I'm not happy with the doctor I counsult here in my hometown. Do suggest me what best I can get from you.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Prolonged liquefaction time may indicate infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your seminal analysis: Seminal count is normal. Usually around 50% sperms should have progressive motility. But as your seminal count is more, sometimes pregnancy is possible with lower motility also. Prolonged liquefaction time can also be one cause for decreased motility. Prolonged liquefaction time can occur due to infection. So, consult uroandrologist once and take treatment for infection. After completion of the treatment, go for repeat seminal analysis. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the semen analysis report and what is the treatment? 5 minutes later
Dr, Thank you for the reply. Here I dont feel comfort to counsult again for the further treatment. So, I would Like to get online consultant and go for treatment for infection.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 hours later
Brief Answer: semen culture and sensitivity Detailed Answer: Hi, Better to go for semen culture and sensitivity. If culture comes positive, get treated for infection according to sensitivity report. Then repeat the seminal analysis. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the semen analysis report and what is the treatment? 11 hours later
Dr, If so, could you pelase suggest me a good doctor here in Muscat (Oman) ? Note: Three months before I was suffered by "Food Poision" Is there any effects on this for getting infection now?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Food poisoning may not have any effect Detailed Answer: Hi, Food poisoning may not have any effect on seminal analysis. You can consult infertility specialists in any good infertility center at Muscat, like United medical Muscat private hospital, New life fertility center, Muscat XXXXXXX medical centers etc. Take care.

Follow-up: What are the findings from the semen analysis report and what is the treatment? 6 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Let me check with any one of the best and come back with good result. God Bless.

Brief Answer: Hope the same Detailed Answer: Hi, You are welcome. Wishing you success. Take care.