Spotting after discontinued menstruation for two years. Done Pelvic, vaginal ultrasound, endometrial biopsy. Reason?

I am 56 years old and have not had a period in 2 years. Six weeks ago I started spotting and contacted my doctor. I had a pelvic and viginal ultrasound performed along with an endrometrial biopsy . The results showed that my uterine lining thickness was 4.7 and that I have 2 large fibroids . The biopsy was inconclusive. I started spotting again and, to me, it seems as if I am having a period. Can what I am experiencing actually be a period after not having one for 2 years at 56?
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012