Spiral fracture of distal fibula. On cast. Not using crutches. Making the bone stronger or weaker?

wow, thank you. I have a sprial fx of my distal fibula . I have a cast, been walking on it. it olnly hurts after mounting my 32 stairs, then it burns right in the distal fib area. I do not have insurance, I do have a cast and am paying cash for the xrays (6 week due in 10 days). I was told I should have crutches. I live in a very hilly area; I d kill myself on crutches, I have been weight bearing the whole time. is this bad? am I making the bone stronger or weaker??? I am 54 with good bone density , just had it checked.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013