Something painful sticking out right by the ankle. Any suggestions ?

on the top of my foot something is sticking out right by my ankle but a little to the right. its not normal because its not sticking out on the other side. i was standing on my toes, like literally on them (I m a dancer) and my ankle gave out but didn t roll to either side it went forward. now its painful and something is sticking out. the pain doesn t exactly hurt where its sticking out, it hurts all around my foot. any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012