Small hole in the gum. Like stretched, torn. Painful. Suggestions?

I am sitting at work right now questioning what the heck is going on with my gums. 3 Days ago I was eating a large carrot, that I thought might have cut the bottom side of my gums under the front left side of the lip (Inside the mouth) If I grab my lip on the left side and pull it back, I can notice a small hole. It is almost as if the area was damaged or punctured, but more likely stretched and torn. I am feeling pain around my Jaw and in the surrounding area on the outside of the mouth. I am extremely concerned that this might be more serious as it hasn t improved, yet almost before it tore open there was a pain leading upto the tear. Please any help?? David Chicago, IL
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013