Sluggish bowels since years, on laxatives, feel pressure in anal area, dissatisfied after BM, avoid movement when the urge arises. Help?

sluggish bowel for 20yrs. Have to use laxatives daily. Some pressure in anal area, and feeling of not emptying fully after a bowel movement . No blood. No abdominal pain . No fatigue . No back pain . I probably don t drink enough water. When I do have the urge to go I m usually at work, and cannot (I am a nurse and busy with patient care). So, the urge goes away and no BM. What now?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012