Slipped, knee became swollen and bruised, loud sound like cracking knuckles. Surgery again needed or it will heal?

I had knee surgery , my patella tendon reattached, 7 weeks ago and finally could bend my knee to 120 degrees. I was walking without the brace. However, I slipped yesterday and it became real swollen and bruised up. There was a loud sound like cracking knuckles when I slipped. I was able to bend it right after the slip, but today it is hard to bend. Is it possible that I need surgery again?? I do not have insurance and I was wondering if it would heal on its own without going to the doctors?
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012