Should there be any reason this birth control would be ineffective ?

Hello. I am in second month of Loestrin 24 Fe birth control pills. The first month, my period came as expected during the 4 brown pills, though it was shorter and lighter than normal. Yesterday was my first day of the brown hormone-less pills and still today I have no period. I have missed zero pills (all have been taken religiously within the same hour) but have had unprotected sex. Should there be any reason this birth control would be ineffective and I am pregnant anyway?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jun 2010