Shooting pains in the hand after sleeping on arm. Visible vein. Sign of arthritis?

Hello Dr. Mintz, I slept on my arm and side, upon waking up, each time I straightened my middle finger , I had shooting pains through the hand and I could begin to see the vein coming out around my knuckle and towards the tip of my finger. It seems to be slowly going away but I am 28 and wondering if it is a sign of arthritis . Could this have to do with me slowing the blood to my hand? Sometimes, when I sleep on my side I also wake up with a numb arm. Thank you in advance, Carolyn Heath
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013