Sharp pain in lower back, shooting down to knees, pain and bleeding on passing stools. Due to herniated disc or sciatica nerve?

Hello. Thank you for making yourself available to help others. May God reward you for your kindness. I have a really sharp pain in my lower back and it shoots down to my knees. When I try to poop, it is a really sharp pain. It just happened today all of a sudden and now I just noticed a few drops of blood when I pooped a few minutes ago. Is this possibly a herniated disk or problem with my syiatic nerve?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012