Severe tooth ache, eases with cold water in mouth, difficulty in sleeping. Remedy to alleviate the pain?

i have a very bad tooth ache of which only soothes and pain goes away while i swish cold water in my mouth. I have bad teeth and the tooth that i bothering my does have a hole on the top very near the gum line. I have tried everything and water seems to be the only way to sooth the pain... however i need to sleep and i cant swish water while i sleep and i am a mouth breather so when i open my mouth to breath the air it starts hurting again. anything i can do so get me to sleep without the pain? Male 41 years old overwieght smoker and take heart meds to slow rate down (propafenone, metoprolol , bayer)
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012