Severe pain in jaw region, pain radiating upwards, difficulty in opening mouth or chewing. Reason?

Hi Doctors,
My name is Kaushik T.P, i have severe pain in the jaw region and currently the pain has moved upwards and the ears are slightly painful. im not able to open my mouth completely nor chew food properly. What might be the reason doctors??? i started having pepper and other spices boiled in water during the night from past 4 days as i had acute respiratory infection as told by one of the general physians here. From past 2 days i have stopped having it.

Thanks & regards
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013