Severe lower abdominal pain, aggravates on walking, headache. Tests to be done and diet?

Hi, I am having lower abdomen pain since yesterday evening,pain was unbearable. On lying down it reduced but while walking the pain was terrible.Morning also little pain was there but it has reduced now.I also have headache now. Previously I had gastric trouble. Can you suggest some test to be done and also foods to be taken?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012

Thank you for the query.

Lower abdominal pain can be caused by several diseases including: urinary bladder infection, urinary bladder stones, uterine or ovarian infection, ectopic pregnancy, inguinal hernia and many more.
If your symptoms are associated with burning when urinating it can be urinary tract problem, if your pain aggravates when caughting and the pain is localized in one side groin it can be inguinal hernia. As the pain itself does not suggest any of these diseases, the very first step for you should be physical examination by your doctor. Fool blood work, liver and pancreas enzymes, pregnancy test and urine tests should be performed as well as abdominal ultrasound. Depending of the results of this tests further diagnosis can be planned. If you suffer also from constipation or /and diarrheas, blood or mucus in stool, lost of weight colonoscopy might be necessary.

Hope this will help.