Severe headache, swollen, sensitive vein on back of head from neck to ear. No relief with Excedrin Migraine. Visit to doctor needed?

It began today as a piercing headache just above and partly behind my right eye. I took Excedrin Migraine which has always helped me with regular migraines. This time it did not work. I dealt with piercing pain on and off for five hours. Finally after realizing the headache was almost gone, I discovered a large vein on the back of my head from the neck up toward my ear swollen and very sensitive. I don't know if I'll be able to lie my head down to sleep. I took some Aleve some help bring down the swelling but I wonder if I should see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013