Severe hair loss, have reduced to visible scalp. Prescribed Foltene Hair Supplement. Will It show improvement?

I am 28yrs F and mother of one kid. I have been suffering from hair loss for more than 3 yrs now. I have ignored all these years, but now I can see my scalp and all my hairs are becoming thin. My doc suggested me Foltene Hair Supplement/Rejunevator. One bottle (7ml) must be applied for the scalp and hair weekly thrice. I couldnt find any review on the medicine. Can you help me out whether it shows some improvements for women of my age? Can I use mintop or minoxidle as a substitute, bcoz of the cost factor. Foltene costs a lot. Pls help.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012