Severe diarrhea with blood and mucus, weight loss since surgery for gall bladder removal. What does this indicate?

I recently had my gallbladder removed, it will be a month on friday since my surgery. for the first two weeks I was fine and didn t have any digestion problems. But then I started getting horrible diarrhea for a few days straight. After then it hasn t been as bad but my bowl movements are not normal. I generally have excess blood and mucus in it, and sometimes all that comes out is pure mucus with blood mixed in. Usually very fresh bright red blood. Today I ve had it really bad and actually had stool that looked extremely dark, almost black and had a watery consistency. My surgeon told me to take some extra fiber but it doesn t seem to be working. I haven t had any pain since the gallbladder was removed but during the time when I had the problem with my gallbladder I lost about fifteen pounds due to nausea so I did not want to eat anything, not sure if its relevant. I ve tried to avoid things like dairy and meat as they have caused some problems for me. Do you have any idea what it could mean?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012