Sebaceous cyst in perineum area, inflammation, redness. Removal the best option?

I think I have a sebaceous cyst , it s a hard lump in the perineum area (just to the right of the scrotum). It s inflamed, red and painful about the size of a 25 mg Benadryl capsule. I m a cyclist and if I shave the area and then go for a long ride I seem to be more vulnerable to develop such a cyst. I ve had 3 similar cysts removed by a primary care doctor, easy outpatient removal that quickly healed. Is removal always the best method. I read some blogs on online that suggested lancing cysts and draining them. What would you recommend?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012