What causes large bump in the center of chest under the skin?
User rating for this question
I have a large bump in the center of my chest under the skin. It is hard not soft.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. There are several possibilities related to what you are describing. If this bump is right above a bone could be calcium deposit. Another possibility would be sebaceous cyst. These are very common and often occur right below a hair follicle. Even a cyst can be very hard in consistency. I would have your doctor take a look and if this is something that is uncomfortable your doctor might recommend removal. If it is otherwise not uncomfortable and your doctor agrees that it is not anything worrisome you might just continue to watch things for now. I have a low suspicion that this is something XXXXXXX but it must be evaluated by your primary care doctor. Thanks again for sharing your healthcare concern. I am available if you have any additional follow-up questions. Dr. Galamaga
Follow-up: What causes large bump in the center of chest under the skin? 24 minutes later
The bump I have is not sore and not painful.It is more noticeable when I stretch my chest.When I slump forward you cannot see it or feel it. Does this help you more on your opinion? The bump on my chest does not have a head.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Cyst Detailed Answer: this could still be a cyst. sometimes a small incision can be made in the fluid can be evacuated. Please talk to your doctor about this. Let me know if you have other questions.
People also viewed
- Fluid retention after abdominal surgery
- What causes itching rashes and bumps under the skin
- What causes under skin pimples
- What is acute abdominal pain
- What causes bumps under skin
- Lower abdominal pain after ovulation
- Breakthrough bleeding after cycloreg
- What causes red hard bump under the skin
- Constipation back pain abdominal pain
- What causes bump on center of breast
- Nose bleeds after caesarean
- Black marks after cauterization
- I am bleeding after ectropion treatment with silver nitrate
- Bleeding after lifting heavy objects
- Lower abdomen tender to touch