Ruptured ectopic, laparoscopy done, painful bowel movement, black stool, taking codeine. Normal?

I had a laporoscopy op for a ruptured ectopic which i also suffered internal bleeding,exactly a week ago. I did not have a bowel movement until on Thurs when I had a very painful movement with black tar like stool. & since then i have been having painful bowel movements like this & the stool is still black. I am a bit worried now - is this normal. I am currently taking codeine,ferrous sulphate & antibiotics.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013