Rumbling in abdomen and sweating. Had Diarrhoea with blood continuously. Suggestion?

I woke up at 11:20 last nigh with a rumbling in my abdomin I sat on the toilet and almost fainted I moved to a chair and began to sweat profusely. I yelled for help from my boyfriend; he helped me back to the rest room and gave me something to throw up in which did not happen. I had diarrhea for about 40 min and pain and sweating dripping from my nose and hair. I made it back to the chair around 3 am I was back up with the diarrhea only this time there was no stool only bright red blood and some clotting. since that time about every 45 min to an hour I have had blood coming out of me not stool. I keep having the chills and lower abd pain. I took pepto bismol and some norco and I am feeling some what better. could this be a virus or something do I need to go to the er. I take quite a bit of pain meds due to broken leg and torn menescus since taking my norco my abd pain is better. what to do I am by myself now
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013