Right eye red on outer corner. Stinging in same eye, rubbed vigorously, become normal. Something wrong?

Hi, I was really scared today. When I got out of the shower I noticed that my right eye was red in the outer corner. Upon further inspection I thought there was an eyelash , and touched my eyeball. I was so scared when I touched it that it moved! The sclera (as google has told me) looked gelatinous. I began to blink very slowly and saw that the sclera actually bunched up and looked like there was something under it like air or fluid. The night before I got this very sudden and terrible stinging in the same eye. I rubbed it quite vigorously and went to bed. It was quite normal up until later on tonight (now) Whats wong?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013