Rib cage pain, hurts to breath or sneeze. Prescribed Ibuprofen. What do you recommend?

for 2 weeks i was experiencing a sharp pain aroun my right rib cage which radiated on my left scapular area.when i breath in my rt rib cage hurts. even laughing, sneezing or coughing my rib cage hurts. i cant lay down on my rt side because it hurts.i saw my GP 2xand was prescribed Ibuprofen 400mg tds.the last GP isaw this week advised me to continue taking Ibuprofen and put me offsick this week with diagnosis of musculoskeletal chestpain .I believed that the pain i have sounds like myalgia .im still having pains but it is easing down because of Ibuprofen but without taking this the pain is very bad.I hate taking any medications.what other medications or treatment could you recommend?how long the pain will go away and what cuases it?thank you. apple
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012