Reoccurring strange fluttering and tingling sensation in the area behind my left ear. Cause for the symptoms?

Hi I am a 45 year old female. I have been having strange fluttering and tingling sensation in the area behind my left ear and also on the left side of the head . This I noticed since 2009. It has become quite frequent now and lasts for few minutes and then goes away.. It is recurring frequently throughout the day. I am on computer a lot and also take 3 /4 cups of tea everyday. It does not hurt since it is not painful. However its presence is uncomfortable. I wish I knew the cause. I just hope its not the early sign of anything serious. What does these symptoms mean? Please advise on its cause and also what kind of medical help shall I seek. Many thanks . June ( email: YYYY@YYYY )
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013