Released from rehab with pneumonia. No asthma, getting flu shots. Advise on pneumonia

I have just been released from the hospital rehab center after having spent 2 months in hospital with pneumonia (also had a couple of heart "attacks" for want of a better explanation). I went to the emergency room with coughing I could not stop to even breath normally. I do not have asthma or anything like that. I hadn't been feeling well for several weeks and had difficulty holding my food. I am 80 years old and I have been getting my flu shots and other vaccines as needed and was considered by the health department to be in good shape however they said I should get one more pneumonia shot which should last me the rest of my life (my family is long-lived so I may fool them yet) since I had had pneumonia as I was a greater risk than average. NOw my husband will not kiss or hug me as he feels I am contaminated by this disease. I really know very little about pneumonia except for the fact that it is rough on seniors.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013