Regular premenstrual symptoms but delayed periods. Home test is negative. Reasons ?

Last month I had my period just two days late and it was orange at first then red with a tinge of orange. I had my regular cramps and symptoms. This month I was having my regular premenstrual symptoms. But it turned out to be that my period was over a week late. A day or two I understand but a week is out of the ordinary for me. I thought I would be pregnant. Took a home test and it came out negative. So two day before my period I was getting pain around the belly button. Like a needle type of feeling. I started to get a few pangs on the stomach and had my period. Unfortunately my period was orange again. It becomes red but on the tissue it looks orange. Had my actual cramps on the first day but im worried about the color. Lately I ve been really exhausted for no apparent reason. I sleep alot. I would wake to only go back to bed a few hours later. Its been like that since the week before I had my period. And as well during. Im used to being tired but this is just too unusual.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012