Recurring mass formation in the ear canal. Using fluticasone propionate. What are the side effects of the steroid?

I have been plagued with an ear canal problem; i.e., slouging of skin that forms a mass the size of a cigarette filter. MY ENT doc would remove the debris and treated me with various drops & cremes, providing temporary relief. After a month the debris returned, repeat the procedure. She said she has senior patients (I am 70) who routinely have their ears sucked clean; however, she sent me to the local teaching hospital for evaluation. The ENT doc there put me on Fluticasone Propionate 6 months ago, to no avail. My concerns are 1) effects of use of this steroid and 2) should I resign myself to regular cleaning by my original ENT doc ? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013