Recurring burning, abdominal pain, normal endoscopy, CT scan showed inflammatory etiology, mild hepatomegaly, benign cysts. Treatment?

i am a 40 years old female patient suffering from episodic burning,epigastric abdominal pain since 20 years.i have done upper gi endoscopy in the year 1998 report was normal in kolkata.Then later i consulted cmc vellore for the same problem they did endoscopy but the result was normal.Also ct scan of the whole abdomen was done and the corresponding findings were focal thickening of bowel at ileocaecal suggestive of inflammatory etiology,mild hepatomegaly ,benign cysts inleft kidney.these were the following results.till then i am facing the same problem, i am facing gas problem which includes immense pain in the stomach after certain intervals.kindly suggest
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Hi Nikhil,
Myself Dr. Sunil and i am here to address surgical problems. After going through your query I would first think about your symptom of episodic burning pain which is there since the past 20 years. I would like to suggest that the cause can be due to Gastro-esophageal reflux disorder (GERD). This can be confirmed by a simple pH monitoring test. Also I would like to know if you get any relief with antacids or tablets like rantac? Regarding simple measures I want you to have a healthy lifestyle including timely meals and which is bland (non-spicy) with high fiber content. Stop drinking tea or coffee on empty stomach, stop use of tobacco in any form and alcohol if you are used to it. Regarding your CT findings I am thinking of some chronic inflammatory cause for ileocecal thickening like previous history of tuberculosis. Not to worry about that cause your symptoms are limited to the upper GI tract. Also mild hepatomegaly and benign cysts in the kidney are incidental findings which is found in the general population.
Feel free to discuss further in this regard. Hope this discussion helped you. Looking further for your quick healing.
Thanking you.