Have hemorrhoids. Taking magnesium and selenium. Have discharge and leakage of smelly fluid

Hi, I’m a 39 year old female and have been suffering from haemorrhoids for almost 2 years. I’m not getting a lot of bleeding, itching or discomfort (or not as much as I used to); however, over the last 6 months, I have been getting a thick, cloudy discharge and a dose of smelly fluid throughout the day occasionally (sometimes with some blood spots). I have tried Preparation H and Anusal treatments without much luck. I also had a colonoscopy done about a six months ago – apparently my colon looks great with no polyps, no problems, except the haemorrhoids (on the outside). Because of the discharge, my doctor recommended taking this to the next level and seeing a gastroenterologist/surgeon. However, I would much rather try a less invasive option, if there is one – besides my appointment has been scheduled for DEC 2012. Over the last few weeks I started taking magnesium and selenium pills, and I noticed that the occasional bleeding from haemorrhoids is gone, plus I have a much easier time going to the washroom. However, the discharge and fluid is still there.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  221 Awaiting Answer