Rectal bleeding. Lump inside stomach. Unable to go to toilet

My son of 28 years had rectal bleeding 4 months ago it has now stopped, but he is now complaining of a not being able to go to the toilet and when he does it feels like something is left there in the back passage and feels a lump inside his stomach whenever he does go. I have tried talking to him about going to the doctor which he says he will attend, but then he makes excuses as when he does feel better he does not talk or want to make an appointment. Please could you give me a bit of advice as how I can help him. Many Thanks Stephanie
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012