Rash on upper thigh, spreading towards hips, red bumps, burning sensation. Tried hydrocortizone cream. Cure?

I have a rash on the top part of my thigh that is extremly itchy and when I scratch even a little bit, it causes a burning sensation. I have not changed anything in habbits such as soaps, detergents, medications etc. hydrocortizone cream helps just a bit, but it seems to be spredding backwards towards my hips. The bumps are bright red and raised. Wondering what over the counter creams I could try.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013