Radiating pain below the left ribcage. No help with painkillers. Suggestions?

Female, 19 years old. I have had radiating pain around the bottom of my left ribcage for years .. I have never had it checked out and now the pain is starting to radiate to the bottom of my left ribcage on my back so my whole left side around my ribcage is extremely painful .. I will be checking in with my doctor but any suggestions or advice would be appreciated ?? I have tried paracetamol , ibuprofen and ibuprofen freeze gel but none work and the freeze gel just burns causing me even more intense pain.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013