Prolonged, heavy periods, irregular in nature. Prescribed dostinex. Safe to consume pill?

Hello, i am 51 and recently had a period which lasted 10 days and was quite heavy, it has now stopped and i am looking to go on the pill . i was recommended by a friend to try mercilon 150/20mg, is this ok to take as my periods becoming a little irregular? Thank you. I am hoping to start a sexual relationship , i am taking a low dose of cabergoline , brand Dostinex ,500 micrograms per week, as had slightly elevated levels of prolactin .Would you recommend this pill ? Again my thanks
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012