For your stomach acidity, you should do the following:
1. Stop smoking
2. Avoid pain medications called NSAID (aspirin
, naproxyn etc).
3. For pain the safest medication is paracetamol
4. If your doctor did a test for H. pylori and it was +ve you should take medicines for this infection.
5. Take omeprazole
on an as required basis.
1. The best medication is a high fibre product such as Isabgol husk. Take a tablespoon full every evening with a large glass of water. Adjust the dose so that you get a satisfactory bowel movement.
2. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
3. Regular exercises such as a brisk walk for 1/2 hour daily.
4. Avoid laxatives as in the long run they cause more harm than good.