Prescribed cerazette birth control, from when does protection begin ?

Hi. I have just been prescribed cerazette birth control pill . My doctor has said to wait and start with it on the 1st day of my period . But the pharmacist has told me that I can begin at any stage of my cycle. She said that I will have to wait 2 days until I am protected, as opposed to immediate protection if i take it on the 1st day of my cycle. I have now been taking it for 4 days. Am I protected or not? . Any advice? Thank you!!!
Asked On : Fri, 13 Apr 2012