Prescribed Dermovate and emulsifying ointment for patch on the head. Skin seems to have opened up. Should I use them?

Hi, I have been subscribed Dermovate ointment and Emulsifying Ointment for a patch on my head which has not cleared up since I fell and went head first into a gate. I did this at the end of August 2012 and it is now 5 months since I did it. It scabbed over but got infected in November and my doctor prescribed antibiotics for 2 weeks. I went to see a Dermotologist at Wycombe Hospital who prescribed the Dermovate and Emulsifying ointments and after using the Emulsifying ointment first the whole of the scab seemed to come away and it scared me a bit so I just left it there, but it has left some open skin and was wondering if I should still use the Dermovate.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013