Is HIV transmission possible after using public bathroom taps?

This question is in relation to the possibility if HIV transmission. I was out with my 1 year old daughter a week ago in the shopping complex and she dropped her dummy on the floor. I then went to the public bathroom to clean the dummy. I then closed the sink tap with my right hand and realised there was some liquid on it which resulted in my right hand becoming wet. I then dried my daughters dummy with the same hand and gave it to her.she then placed her dummy in her mouth. Now when I arrived home I started to worry that what if the liquid on the tap had HIV blood or semen on it as now she has a eczema like rash on her cheeks and is feeling unwell. Is this a possibility if transmission ? Does she need to get tested?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Suleman Muhammad 5 hours later
Brief Answer: HIV virus cant survive for this much time Detailed Answer: Dear XXXX This is Dr.Suleman and will answer your query Regarding Sexual Transmission Disease. Well your main concern is that did your daughter can get HIV by swallowing the suspected blood or semen. The answer is NEVER. because HIV virus cant survive by more than few minutes in open air. Just after minute or two all virus load dies and is not able to infect anybody.. It is virtually impossible for AIDS to be contracted from any public restroom surface. and in your case it is from bathroom>your hand>>daughter doll>>mouth>>baby stomach>>blood. So NEVER NEVER possible. So You need to relax now :) Others STDS like chlymadia and gonorrhoea also cant transmit via indirect contact. so you dont need any testing for any STDs. You just visit some Paediatrician so he can give your daughter some anti allergic medications. because it seems like a allergy reaction to something. If You have any further query please feel free to ask :) otherwise kindly close the question and rate my answer :)
Follow-up: Is HIV transmission possible after using public bathroom taps? 42 minutes later
So it is impossible for transmission to take place based on this scenario ? My worry was the rash she got a few days later. So you are 100% certain that there was no HIV exposure ?
Answered by Dr. Suleman Muhammad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: 110% Certain Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing back to Us! Mr XXXX As I mentioned this is scientifically impossible to get the disease in this scenario. I'm 110% sure about this. In addition HIV is a systemic disease. It does not create any rash on site of entry and manifest after years with some symptoms which are systemic (whole body) in nature. Feel Free to ask further question. Thank You