Is shiny red dot on penis head a sign of cancer?

A few months ago (roughly end of October) a shiny red dot appeared on the right side of my penis head about half a cm. I did have unprotected sex so naturally I went to the doctors. After checking for herpes, HIV, warts, gonorrhoea and syphilis the results came back all negative. I was very relieved however, the dot still hasn't gone away and some days it slightly goes away only to return a few days later. I am worried that this could be cancer is that a possibility? I do not smoke cigarettes or use any tobacco products. Thank you for reading this. XXXX
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Not related to cancer. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. I have seen the images attached. The red spot on the side of penis head is likely to be a dilated blood vessel or a Fordyce's spot. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland. They are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They aren't infectious and are a natural occurrence on the body. The other causes can be an allergic rash or rough sex. Since all the STDs have been ruled out after proper blood tests, there is no need to worry. It is not related to cancer. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: Is shiny red dot on penis head a sign of cancer? 12 hours later
Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly it is much appreciated. I just have one more question and that is would the spot go away if I put some moisturizer on it? Again thank you so much and have a merry Christmas! XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: moisturizer is less likely to help. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. Applying moisturizer on the spot is not likely to help much. You can avoid using any perfumed toiletries or an irritation to the area. This will disappear spontaneously. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards