Pregnant with sudden bleeding. Placenta placed downwards. Abortion through suction done. Problem in next pregnancy?

I was 2 and a half month pregnant. I started bleeding suddenly and after usg i came to know my placenta is down. Doctor admitted me, gave me certain injections and complete bedrest for a week and bleeding stopped. Again next day after coming back home and complete bedrest i started bleeding vigorously. Went to the hospital and doctor suggested abortion . I undergone suction abortion. My question is that what were the reasons for this to happen, what are the chances of next pregnancy and what precautions should i take now to make my body and tummy back in shape?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013