If your doctor reassured you, I think you can safely go ahead with it.
I think he is seeing the benefits outweigh the risks associated with this kind of treatment. Herpes
gestationis is not an absolute contradiction and that too with a history. I guess it is active history that contradicts injection of proluton depot
Anyways I guess your treating doctor is the best judge that anyone else. You can take one more day and sit together and discuss the options well before you decide.