Pregnant, have constipation, excruciating pain, yellowish mucus while trying to pass. Remedy?

Hello, I am a little over 36 weeks pregnant and I have been having issues being able to have a bowel movement for about 2 weeks now. My doc told me to take Colace and I thought that it did start to work but unfortunately today I feel as if I am back to day 1 again. I have excruciating pain when I have to go almost like when you have diarrhea and you get the goose bumps and what not. But, nothing comes out! Only this yellowish mucous like stuff...What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013