thanks for your query
first of all to reassure you I want to tell you that constipation
is very common in 9th month of pregnancy
. It happens due to pressure of growing baby in intestines. So there is no need to worry.
You were prescribed "colace" which is a good stool softener
used to treat constipation but you are not getting relief. To improve your situation you have to improve motility of your intestines apart from using stool softener. So best thing in this situation is-
1) Take plenty of water, juices
2) Use high fibre diet like green vegetables, fibre biscuits are available every where
3) Take brown or multi grain bread
4) don't strain much instead reassure yourself, the more you strain the more you get worried and its harmful to baby :)
5) Isabgol Husk powder can be used with lukewarm milk at bed time and it will definitely improve your situation
6) high fat diet should be avoided.
thanks and all the best take care :)
and consult you doctor before taking any medication