Pregnant, got epilepsy attack in 3rd trimester, prescribed Levipil. Is it safe?

Hi My name is Anand, my wife is pregnent and running with 27th week, she had epilipse 3years ago(08-2009) she took medication (LEVIPIL) 500 Mg for almost 2 1/2 yrs and doctors adviced no need to continue in the year 2011(September) because epilipse were stopeed during the medication. when she was in 3rd month prgnent ie (2012 - Dec) she had it again after 3yrs almost we consult neurologist and adviced not to take any dose because this is the critical time where the baby formation will start, will see if it affects next time there after i dont see any epilipse till 5th month and she had it again in 5th month the doctor suggested to continue same medicine (Levipil 500 mg) it won t harm your baby any case because it is already 5th month now 7th month is running as of now all is well with her. can you please advice is Levipil safe in pregnency, i want to understand if it is harm what are the side effects could be?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012