Pregnant. Have bleeding from vagina due to implantation. Taking utrogestan. When will the bleeding stop?

HELLO! MY LAST PERIOD WAS AT 4th OF FEBRUARY. ACCORDING TO MY DOCTOR I'M 8 WEEKS PREGNANT! FOR THE LAST 12 DAYS I HAVE SOME KIND OF BLEEDING THAT IS DARK AND SCANTY (NOT BRIGHT RED AS IN MENSTRUAL CYCLE)! MY DOCTOR SAID THAT IS DUE TO IMPLANTATION! HE SUGGESTED TO TAKE UTROGESTAN 100 mg THREE TIMES PER DAY AND THE THIRD VAGINAL. I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS: 1) IS IT SAFE TO TAKE PROGESTERONE DURING THE FIRST TRIMESTER? 2) FOR HOW MANY DAYS THE BLEEDING OF IMPLANTATION CAN DURATE?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013