Pregnant. HCG level of 38. Any chance of miscarriage. Advice?

I found out I was pregnant yesterday. Very faint line on home pregnancy test so followed up with a blood test. Results showed my hcg level at 38. The nurse said most likely I will miscarry within a couple days because of the low number. I went in for ultrasound but technician couldn't see anything because it's too early. I took a test this morning and the line is darker. Is that a good sign? Is 38 level too low? Last period was 9/6 and I have a 28 day cycle. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013