What are the findings from the HCG test?

my period escaped for two months then i tested with pregnancy testing kit it showed second line light, then i had period in the third month. i done ultrasonography it was negative. then doctor sugested for HCG test & observed value 429.9.
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly repeat the beta HCG test. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX From your history it seems to be a failing pregnancy, what we usually suggest is to repeat the blood test serum beta HCG after 48 to 72 hours see if there is doubling (i.e beta HCG level doubles) of the values, if so that means it is growing pregnancy. If the levels are falling then it could be failing pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy. Scan will show a gestational sac only if the beta HCG level is more than 1000. So you need to wait and repeat the beta HCG level. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!