Pregnant. Done sonography. Prescribed Dexa injection. Is it required?

Hi, i m 30 years old, weighing 55.8 kg, height 5.5 and i m pregnant. According to my LMP i m 28-20 weeks preganant and my sonography shows 26 weeks, (mine was an established late conception ). All the other parameters are just right but now the doctor advises me to have 2 Dexa injection at 12hrs interval so that the foetues lungs mature. I am not sure if it is required and if required dont know whether it is right to do it at this stage or should i wait for some more time
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013